Friday, August 13, 2010

Night off

Yep had the night off tonight, have not cooked a thing all day, unless you count warming lunch in the microwave as cooking!

Went out to Leap Frogs Cafe for dinner, what a great little concept that is, beautiful home like backyard setting with the big wood fired pizza oven, live music playing in the background, ice cold beers, the hardest part of the night is deciding what to put on your pizza, everyone gets exactly what they want. I chose a very simple prosciutto, roasted capsicum and blue cheese combination, when delivered it had the traditional tomato sauce as a base and a scattering of fresh basil on top, bloody beautiful.

The last time I was there I took two of my sisters and my fiancé and that night Jay Weston was the entertainment, little did my gorgeous girl know at the time that the week before I had booked Jay to perform at our wedding, and she was totally unaware as I teased her that night about the guy singing and perhaps we should have him at our wedding! It is amazing just how fast the time goes though, we are coming up for our 2nd anniversary in a few months and it still feels like yesterday when we had last visited Leap Frogs, we really should go there more often it is a great way to start a weekend, good food, good company and good vino what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment