Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chicken ricotta pasties

I had fun cooking dinner tonight, it brought back some wonderful memories from my Mother’s kitchen when I was still a young child.  Mum would often make pasties for Saturday lunch and they were to die for, but then most of my Mum’s food was to die for, she would make traditional meat and veg pasties that Rosella tomato sauce went so well with.  I, on the other hand have made Chicken Ricotta pasties, they were tasty and went beautifully with roasted sweet potato, baked polenta and steamed carrots and asparagus


For the filling I sautéed some finely diced onion, with a half capsicum, a few slices of prosciutto, a sliced mushroom and a clove of crushed garlic, then added the diced chicken and cooked just enough to brown the chicken all over. The filling mixture was then transferred to a mixing bowl where I added a cup of ricotta, two tablespoons of roughly chopped fresh parsley and seasoned with a little salt and pepper. The filling was then encased in puff pastry and baked for 20 minutes in an oven set to 190C.


A big thank you to my gorgeous wife for buying me my fantastic new apron! Go Dockers!

1 comment:

  1. I made some pasties yesterday that were just ok, those sound delicious.I might try ricotta next time for something different.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete