Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lamb and sweet potato tagine

We had one of our favourites for dinner tonight, lamb and sweet potato tagine, it is a recipe from Michelle Bridge’s Crunch Time, now I know Michelle is no world renown chef, but her book does have some flavour filled recipes such as this one and we do take the healthy alternative from time to time, some say not as many times as we should, but I’m smiling!  

This is the recipe that first introduced me to Moroccan Spice, I love the stuff but it has an effect on me where I do not sleep so well after I have eaten it, so I have added an extra can of tomato to the recipe and served up with some mash potato, so long as no one tells Michelle we should be right, don’t really fancy doing an extra gruelling sixty minutes in the gym!  It is a great meal though, full of flavour and it is great reheated the next day for lunch too, so hopefully Jo won’t ask for seconds!
Actually it cooked up a lot bigger than I expected and there were three of us eating as I had one of my sisters over for dinner, and there is still plenty for a few lunches tomorrow, not going to complain about that now am I?

Recipe
Olive oil spray
650g lamb shoulder, cubed
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1½ tablespoons Moroccan Spice
400g canned tomato (i used 2)
850g sweet potato, cubed
1 ½ cups frozen peas
1 lemon, juice only
1 bunch coriander leaves only

Method
Lightly spray pan with oil spray and heat on medium-high
Brown meat in batches and then set aside
add oil to the pan, heat and then add onion, cook for a few minutes until softened, add garlic, ginger and spices, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant
add the meat back to pan and coat with spice mix
add tomatoes with 2/3 cup water, mix in, bring to the boil , then cover and cook on simmer for 1 hour
add the sweet potato and cook a further 30 mins covered
add peas cook another 3 minutes
take off heat and stir through the lemon juice, sprinkle with coriander leaves.
My wife's beautiful touch, luv ya work Jo Girl xx

No comments:

Post a Comment