Friday, April 20, 2012

Chicken Dinner


Sometimes it is the food, other times the friends or love ones that you share the food with, today it came shopping for food....

I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with my mate Wes today at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant Vinh Hong in Northbridge.  As we were leaving I looked across the road at the Wing Hong butcher shop, turned to Wes and asked if we had time to do a bit of shopping.  Wing Hong supply several of Perth’s restaurants with fantastic meat and their shop front is always packed with customers, today was no exception.  We walked in and standing at the back of the mob, near to the beef fridge when the woman serving started calling out “number fourteen”, “number fourteen”, it was then that I realised that I had to take a number.
I walked over grabbed the next number walked back to where I had been standing and the woman again called out “number fourteen”, “number fourteen”, I looked at my number and sure enough it was 14, smiling I waved the ticket around frantically calling out “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER”, the woman looked at me and said “No! No! That beef, chicken liver up the other end”!!!! Well to say we were in hysterics would be an understatement, she looked at me with a funny look on her face and she said “what you say?” so I repeated “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER” and showed her my number, with that she turned to her colleagues and said something in Vietnamese, next thing the whole shop was laughing, clients and all, a very funny moment.
After the laughter subsided I ordered two beautiful big T Bone steaks, as she stuffed them into a bag and looking at Wes and myself, she asked “is this for your lunch” which started a conversation about eating lunch across the road at Vinh Hong, I think that was enough to satisfy her that weren’t that silly after all as she had a beaming smile as we departed the shop!

Bloody good steak too! Princess was well pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment