Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pot Roast Chicken ala Rasa Malaysia


I found this recipe on Rasa Malaysia’s web page and the photograph of the chicken sitting in a rich orange coloured sauce looked amazing, then on reading the recipe and it reminded me of how I do my Pot Roast Beef, so I had to try it out for myself.  
Mt Barker - Free Range Chicken, pot roasted

The other appealing thing about this recipe was the ease at putting it all together; it really is a very easy meal to prepare and having done so , it made a delicious meal.  

I added a stick of celery to the pot, as I had some I wanted to use up and served the chicken up with some steamed rice and crusty bread and as I said earlier it was delicious.
The chicken was so moist and tender and the sauce was yum yum, so much so that after I had a full belly I still went back to the pot for more sauce and another slice of bread, just a perfect meal for the rain night we had!


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed this dish. Your chicken looks amazing as well. Love the addition of celery. Thanks for the mention, Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Ellie, thanks for the awesome recipe
    Jack

    ReplyDelete