Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Curry night


Had a phone call whilst I was at work today requesting an Indian curry for dinner, it was Jo making the call and the request, which cracks me up because for years Jo told me she didn’t like curry.
In fact I have this little curry cookbook which I would use 2 or 3 times a week before I met Jo.  But since we have been together every time I brought it out she would say no let’s have something else instead, this went on for the better part of five years, until earlier this year I was reacquainted with my little curry book and I finally cooked Jo curry.   Things have never been the same since and I am often requested for some form of curry to go with roti bread or naan bread or as the craving was tonight, pappadums!

I wasn’t sure what I was going to do so when I shopped I brought both pork and beef, ended deciding to use the beef in a Keema Curry, it wasn’t until all the spices and garlic and ginger were ready to go that I realised the recipe stated minced beef, I had diced meat, so went with it all the same, just cooked it a little longer and added about a cup of beef stock to the gravy whilst it cooked.
It turned out pretty good, as curry goes it will be better still tomorrow, so will look forward to the leftovers.
I also cooked up a dry potato and pea curry, which has always been one of my favourites, think I added a bit more chilli than I used to though as it was quite hot, to combat that heat I diced up some cucumber and tomato, added some fresh mint and it worked wonderfully and had a lovely cooling affect on the laughing gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment