Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic

I have just put tonight's dinner in the oven and I am quite keen for it to be ready as I am intrigued by it due to the name and the ingredients, "Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic", Jo was horrified when I first said I was going to cook this, but she seems ok today, maybe because it is a weekend and we don't have a lot planned, sure she would be objecting if she had a dentist appointment though, no doubt so would the dentist!
It is a very easy dish to prepare, simple as putting some chicken pieces in a pot with a few herbs, oil and lots of garlic.  The garlic goes in skins and all so there is no tedious shelling to worry about, hardest part about this dish was making the dough and rolling it out long enough to go around the circumference of the pot.
I didn’t get the dough very even in thickness, but it is only to seal the lid to the pot and I think I have done a pretty good job at that.  This recipe also came from the Gourmet Traveller, one of the ones I found when perusing the net at lunchtime a few weeks back, so I have had it here for a while, just had to warm Jo to the idea of trying it, I am hoping I will be able to say "I told you so".
I am planning to serve this with a creamy mashed potato, some baby carrots, and broccoli and of course some roasted garlic, and as I said before I can’t wait to see how it turns out, stay tuned!

Ready for the oven.

Ok, I will keep my word and I won't say it, but what I will say Jo is I did notice you get up and go for seconds!!!

Very nice, very nice indeed, the chicken fell off the bones and melted in your mouth, it was not over powering with garlic as one might have thought, but beautifully flavoured and the chicken oh so succulent, the mash potato, roasted carrot and steamed broccoli where perfect, as was the gravy my gorgeous wife made at the last minute.  This will be done again!  Sooner than later please, ... yes Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment