Saturday, July 23, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Salad

Jo finally got her beef steak!  After a day out in and around the city and surrounds we headed to Drovers to pick up something easy for dinner.
Jo as usual wanted steak and tonight she got it, but I had my way with the salad by roasting most of the ingredients one by one and then bringing them all together in the salad bowl, made for an awesome salad, so full on for flavour and it looked amazing with all the beautiful colours of the vegetables.

I dry roasted sweet potato which I had in thin slices thanks to the potato peeler, then there was a punnet of the mini Roma tomatoes, some Spanish onion and thinly sliced red globe potatoes, all of which were added to a salad leaf mix and a few sliced radishes.
For the dressing I combined 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper.  Using one of the bigger lettuce leaves as a brush I brushed the oil onto the mixed leaves so as to keep it as thin as possible, then added the tomatoes and onion to what was left and let them soak it all up.  Then it was as easy as throwing all together and tossing in a bowl, the combination of sweet, sour, crunchy and soft textures were fantastic.  To finish of I made a red wine jus to pour over the steak, very yummy, very yummy indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment