Friday, July 1, 2011

Parmesan crusted chicken with tomato salad


Had a bit of a fall down some stairs this morning, thanks to lovely painted steps, so not feeling fantastic and a couple of cut up finger tips to boot, seen me sit on the other side of the bench to night, whilst my apprentice was put through her paces.
I must have known something before leaving for work, as I decided on the easiest of recipes, perfect for a Friday night with a glass of vino, and ready in 35 minutes.
As it turned out though, I could not have a drink, but it was great to have such an easy dish to work with, easy but very satisfying on the taste buds.  I did manage to get in and do the salad, whilst Joey prepared the chicken and the cooking of same, so a great team effort, you might say.

As I said, a very simple meal, simple ingredients, some chicken breast, a couple of tomatoes, some basil, an egg or two, a cup of freshly grated parmesan and a balsamic vinaigrette, 35 minutes from start to finish, but so enjoyable, only thing that could have been better would be that nice glass of wine to wash it down, never mind we’ll do this one again!
My bit


Jo's bit
Great team effort!

Thanks for the all the messages and well wishes, I am fine, bit sore but you have to expect that, tomorrow is another day and I will be here to enjoy it, so have a great weekend, just as I intend to!



No comments:

Post a Comment