Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicken Paella


I received the September edition of the Good Food magazine in the post yesterday and on reading it found a recipe for Chicken Paella, that look so easy and sounded fantastic so I had to try it, I have been thinking about it all day so was glad to get home and start cooking.

It really wasn't until I started preparing the ingredients that I realised the name Chicken Paella was a little bit odd for the dish, as there is so much pig in it, with the combined quantities of bacon,  pork sauage and chorizo sauage far out weighing the chicken.

But that aside, this was a great meal, very flavoursome and on the table in less than 45 minutes from start to finish, served up with a fresh garden salad, some crusty bread and a nice glass of red, it was extremely hard not to keep going back for more!

I love paella, and have been guilty on many occasions for over eating when I get stuck into one, never more so though than when on honeymoon with Jo Girl, we where at the Petronas Towers at one of the many restaurants on the outer ring, Jo videoed me whilst I was stuffing my face, it was a great day and we often have a laugh over that video, great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment